Last updated July 27, 2018
At Salus Facilities we take your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it. References to Salus Facilities products in this statement include Salus Facilities services, websites, apps, software, and devices.
What Personal Data We Collect
We collect data to operate effectively and to provide you the services and products you request. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you submit account information or report an emergency, and we get some of it by collecting data about your use of our products. What data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Salus Facilities and on the choices you make, including what products you use.
When you use our products or obtain support for use of such products, Salus Facilities collects data to provide the service, to operate our business, and to communicate with you. For example:
- When you engage with a Salus Facilities sales representative, we collect your name, contact information, and information about your organization to support that engagement.
- When you interact with a Salus Facilities support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When you pay for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When we send you communications, we use data to personalize the content of the communication.
- When you use our products, we collect data in order to update, secure, troubleshoot, improve, develop, personalize, and provide support for those products. This also includes sharing data, when that sharing is required to provide the service or to carry out the transactions you request.
- When you report an emergency, we use the data you include in your report, as well as relevant contextual information such as your location and sensor data, to facilitate communication with emergency responders and with your organization, if applicable.
- When you engage with Salus Facilities for professional services, we collect name and contact information for your designated point of contact and use information provided by you to perform the requested services.
Sharing Personal Data
Some of our products may enable you to purchase, subscribe to, or use other products and services from Salus Facilities or third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies.
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorize. We also share data with our affiliates and subsidiaries, with vendors working on our behalf, when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of our products, and to protect Salus Facilities’ and its customers’ rights and property.
Your Control Over Personal Data
Many of our products require personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you are using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at that time.
You can control your personal data that Salus Facilities has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting Salus Facilities or by using tools we provide. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use.
Organizational Access to Personal Data
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or a school, to access Salus Facilities products, that organization can control and administer your Salus Facilities product account and can access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files, associated with your Salus Facilities product accounts.
When accessing your Salus Facilities account, you may sign in by using a third party service provider or organization (such as your school or employer), in which case your Salus Facilities account is tied to the email address or account provided by that third party. If you lose access to that third party or to the account they provide, you may lose access to products and to the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your third party account to sign into such products.
Many Salus Facilities products are intended for use by organizations, such as schools and businesses. If your organization provides you access to Salus Facilities products, your use of the Salus Facilities products is subject to your organization’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. When you use social features in Salus Facilities products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. Salus Facilities is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
In the event of a conflict between this privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and Salus Facilities, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.